To go to any of the podcast links, resources and sources mentioned in the document, please download a PDF version below, or scroll down for direct links and content!
Henri Nouwen (1932 –1996) was a Dutch Catholic priest, professor, writer and theologian. His interests were rooted primarily in psychology, pastoral ministry, spirituality, social justice and community. After nearly two decades of teaching at academic institutions including the University of Notre Dame, Yale Divinity School and Harvard Divinity School, Nouwen went on to work with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities at the L’Arche Daybreak community in Richmond Hill, Ontario. See a bibliography of published works … Continue reading
And listen to these Now & Then Podcasts – a Series of talks about Henri Nouwen on SoundCloud at Henri Nouwen – The Awakening Project
– Dr. Rick Tobias speaks to the issues of social justice
– Shane Claiborne of the Simple Way discusses everything from Henri’s concept of the Wounded Healer to downward mobility
– Dr. Michael Christensen talks about what it was like to be a student of Henri Nouwen’s at Yale
– Ron Rolheiser discusses the incredible influence that Henri’s writing as ‘a spiritual master’ has had on his own writing
– Jim Wallis of the Sojourners community talks about issues of racial and social injustice.
– Sr. Sue Mosteller gives insight into the life of her good friend Henri Nouwen and the wonderful book he wrote about Adam.
…. You can listen to additional Now & Then Podcasts at these links:
Henri Nouwen, Now & Then | Podcast | Free Listening on SoundCloud
or henrinouwensociety on Apple Podcasts
While I was traveling through the United States and lecturing about Central America, I became aware that while I was exhausting myself to prevent war, the chances of war were increasing. This has helped me to realize that sometimes the powers of evil seduce us to work for peace in such a way that we … Continue reading DAILY MEDITATION | NOVEMBER 14, 2020 Inner Peace and Social Action a reflection by Henri Nouwen
This content is courtesy of the Henri Nouwen Society: “In these not-to-be-missed episodes of Now & Then, we hear from Henri Nouwen at the Crystal Cathedral in 1992. In Part One, Henri addresses the central questions – Who am I? Am I – what I have, what I do, or, what others say about me? In Part Two, he explores what it means to … Continue reading Henri Nouwen, Now & Then: Contemplations in Henri Nouwen own words