Listening to Prophetic Voices that Inspire Us.
Mission & Vision
Our Mission: To listen to prophetic voices as a way to awaken ourselves to the radical call of our faith in our actions for social justice and transformative change.
Our Vision: To find ways for people of different faiths and backgrounds to ‘pull together’ for a more just society.
Our Focus: is based on the principle that ‘a society will be defined by how it treats its most vulnerable’. We do this by sharing and reflecting on a diversity of voices and actions for social justice.
What we do: Listening to Prophetic Voices that Inspire Us
- share the writings and podcasts of diverse prophetic voices, and to raise awareness of the issues they raise, in ways that awaken us to the causes of social injustices in our world.
- invite students to contribute other prophetic voices they are aware of.
- research social justice issues such as income inequality, housing & homelessness, racism, climate change, institutional inertia, and other important justice issues.
- explore how our faith calls us to solidarity with marginalized communities.
- research new priorities and choices at local and societal levels.
- encourage students to share with one another through zoom meetings, emails, and social media.
- explore how contemplation is important to helping us understand and respond to social justice issues in a fast-changing world in ways that respond to our spiritual values.